- The Innovators of Children's Book Publishing
- 5 Things to Do Before Publishing Your Book
- Couples That Write Together
- 10 Things to Remember When Writing a Series
- Romance Novels for Valentine's
- Spotlight on the Independent Publisher Book Awards
- Indie Groundbreaking Publisher: 2016 In Review
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: Hack-Proof Your Life Now
- Coming This Month: Notable February Releases
- From the Tech Desk
- 2017 Illumination Book Awards Medalists
Virginia Festival of the Book
March 22-26, 2017
"Produced by the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities (VFH), the largest of the 56 state (and territory) humanities councils, the Festival is a program of the Virginia Center for the Book, an affiliate of the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress.
"The Festival is the largest community-based book event in the Mid-Atlantic region and has attracted audiences of more than 20,000 for each of the past thirteen years. We have presented a captivating list of authors, ranging from international bestsellers to topical specialists to debut authors. An abbreviated list of past participants includes Rick Atkinson, Edward Ayers, David Baldacci, Maureen Corrigan, Edwidge Danticat, Kate DiCamillo, Rita Dove, Alan Furst, John Grisham, Jan Karon, Jim Lehrer, Frances Mayes, Colum McCann, David McCullough, Alice McDermott, Katherine Paterson, Jon Scieszka, Lisa Scottoline, Pete Seeger, Karin Slaughter, Alexander McCall Smith, Lee Smith, Bryan Stevenson, Elizabeth Strout, Judith Viorst, and Charles Wright.
"Programs range from traditional author readings and book signings to children’s programs and hands-on workshops. All programs are open to the public and, with the exception of a few ticketed events, the majority of Festival programs are free to attend."
For more information about the festival, visit the VABook website here.