- 2017 IPPY National Results
- 2017 IPPY Regional & Ebook Results
- 2017 IPPY Outstanding Results
- Inside a Publishing House
- My Independent Labor of Love
- 1, 2, 3: How to Reach Your Writing Goals
- Independent Book Reviewers
- The Most Iconic Books Set in 150 Countries
- Indie Books to Help You Navigate the News
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: Fifty Cents and a Box Top
- Indie Groundbreaking Publisher: Arbutus Press
- Coming This Month: Notable August Releases
- From the Tech Desk
The 20 Most Popular Books Throughout History
The below infographic first appeared on Global English Editing.
Although the term “blockbuster book” has only been coined recently, certain books have captured the public’s imagination well before Fifty Shades of Grey.
Going back as far as the 10th Century BC, when I Ching was nothing more than thoughts scribed onto bamboo, we’ve been captivated by brilliant writing and story telling.
Below Global English Editing presents the 20 most popular books throughout history.
From religious texts such as The Holy Bible to revolutionary texts such On the Origin of Species to the pure literary genius found in War and Peace, the following timeline not only highlights the history of blockbuster books, but also some of the most significant dates in human history.