- 2017 IPPY National Results
- 2017 IPPY Regional & Ebook Results
- 2017 IPPY Outstanding Results
- Inside a Publishing House
- My Independent Labor of Love
- 1, 2, 3: How to Reach Your Writing Goals
- Independent Book Reviewers
- The Most Iconic Books Set in 150 Countries
- Indie Books to Help You Navigate the News
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: Fifty Cents and a Box Top
- Indie Groundbreaking Publisher: Arbutus Press
- Coming This Month: Notable August Releases
- From the Tech Desk
The Most Iconic Books Set in 150 Countries
This infographic was originally posted on the Global English Editing website.
Reading a book allows you to visit somewhere new, transporting you to the past, an imagined future, and entirely new worlds.
The best books are set in locations that are so vivid they feel like another character in the story. Many books are written by a local author who knows the back streets and unspoken history of a place. Occasionally an author will fall deeply in love with a new place, however, and base a fantastically evocative setting on an adopted home instead.
Whether you are looking to revisit a favorite country or learn about someplace new, our list of the most iconic books set in 150 countries has something for everyone. With this list, you can tour the entire world—without ever leaving home.
We include epic poetry like Pan Tadeusz from Poland, international best sellers like The Three Musketeers set in France, and books recently translated into English for the very first time like the Iraqi classic The Long Way Back. You will find books from favorite authors like Margaret Atwood and Anthony Burgess and discover vibrant new voices like Pulitzer Prize-winning author Junot Díaz.
Get ready to travel someplace new without even putting on your shoes. Sit back, get comfortable, and read your way through our list of books set in 150 countries around the world.
Global English Editing is an exclusively online professional editing and proofreading company that provides an unrivalled combination of quality services and affordability to clients worldwide.
Learn more about Global English Editing at the website here.