- 2018 IPPY Awards Medalist Results
- 2018 IPPY Awards Ceremony
- The Self-Publishing Checklist
- 5 Wise Star Wars Mantras to Spark Your Writing Practice
- The 2018 Publishing Industry Leader
- Ten Reasons Why We Should Embrace the Novella
- The Six Books That Sharpened My BS Detector
- Infographic: 7 Ways Reading Makes You Healthier
- Indie Groundbreaking Book - The Dreamachine
- Indie Groundbreaking Publisher: Microcosm Publishing of Portland
- From the Tech Desk
Bookworld Launches Smallpress Central WebsiteOffering a free book with every order and a fresh look at America’s small book publishers, a new website called Smallpresscentral.com has been created by Bookworld, one of America’s major sales and distribution services for publishers.
“On the web today,” comments the announcement, “small presses appear only fitfully. Here and there. There is no one place where they can all be accessed. We’re setting out to remedy this by creating a central site for all small presses.”
In the beginning, the new web site will lead viewers to the very large offering of small press titles, more than 2000 of them. It’s the site called www.bookworld.com. More than 150 publishers are represented. The sponsors intend that thousands more publishers can be accessed through the site as time passes.
“Small publishers – those with half-a-dozen or fewer new titles each year, compared to hundreds or thousands from the giant publishers – wield influence far out of proportion to their size,” says the announcement. “Small presses are inventive and courageous. They lead, not follow. And they are the route into getting published for hundreds of authors who can’t get accepted by big publishers.”
Smallpresscentral.com will concentrate on books, not services. Said the announcement: “There are already fine sources for consultants and associations. But no place can a reader browse the books of thousands of small publishers, not even at Amazon and BN.com.”
The sponsoring company, Bookworld, is headquartered at 1941 Whitfield Park Loop, Sarasota FL 34243, telephone 800/444-2524, extension 215. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.