- 2017 Moonbeam Children's Book Awards Results
- Have a Holly Jolly Editing Season
- Mysteries Featuring Strong Women Protagonists
- My Top 10 Mermaid Books
- The Ultimate Grammar Cheat Sheet
- Book Lover's Shopping Guide
- IPPY Holidays
- Indie Groundbreaking Bookseller: Bookselling without Borders
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: Ask
- From the Tech Desk
Celebration of Bookselling at Hotel ABAOn Thursday, May 31, the winners of the 2007 Book Sense Book of the Year Awards will be honored at the American Booksellers Association's Celebration of Bookselling at Hotel ABA -- The New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn. The gala event, sponsored by Ingram Book Group/Ingram Publisher Services and open to all BookExpo America attendees, will feature the presentation of this year's awards honoring independent booksellers' handselling favorites as voted by the owners and staff of ABA member stores.
"We're very pleased that all of the authors and illustrators whose books were chosen to receive the 2007 Book Sense Book of the Year Awards will be joining us at the Celebration of Bookselling," said Mark Nichols, the director of Book Sense Marketing. "Their presence at the event will give booksellers an opportunity to congratulate them and thank them for providing the books that made handselling so much fun last year."
"We're very pleased to serve as a sponsor for the Celebration of Bookselling again this year," said Phil Ollila, senior vice president of Ingram Book Group. "We are looking forward to honoring those who are so deserving of recognition for their hard work, creativity, and commitment to independent bookselling."
Present to receive their awards will be:
• Fiction winner Sara Gruen for Water for Elephants: A Novel (Algonquin);
• Nonfiction winner Nora Ephron for I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman (Knopf);
• Children's Literature winner Markus Zusak for The Book Thief (Knopf); and
• Children's Illustrated winners Isabella Hatkoff and Craig Hatkoff for Owen & Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship, (Scholastic)
The event will also feature the presentation of Publishers Weekly's Bookseller of the Year Award to Tempe Arizona's Changing Hands Bookstore and the Rep of the Year Award to HarperCollins' Kate McCune. Additionally, the Women's National Book Association will bestow its Lucile Micheels Pannell Awards, honoring the work of booksellers who promote children's and young people's interest in books, to Books & Books of Miami and Coral Gables, Florida, and Wonderland Books of Rockford, Illinois.
The Celebration of Bookselling will be held in the Marriott's Ballroom D/E from 5:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. on May 31st.