- 2018 IPPY Awards Medalist Results
- 2018 IPPY Awards Ceremony
- The Self-Publishing Checklist
- 5 Wise Star Wars Mantras to Spark Your Writing Practice
- The 2018 Publishing Industry Leader
- Ten Reasons Why We Should Embrace the Novella
- The Six Books That Sharpened My BS Detector
- Infographic: 7 Ways Reading Makes You Healthier
- Indie Groundbreaking Book - The Dreamachine
- Indie Groundbreaking Publisher: Microcosm Publishing of Portland
- From the Tech Desk
Digital Book World Conference set for Jan. 26-27, 2010
Digital Book World is for All Professionals in the Book Publishing Supply ChainDigital Book World is a dynamic 2-day event that addresses the radically changing commercial environment for book publishers and their trading partners. The industry’s top insiders—all experts at the forefront of digital publishing—will discuss how they are overcoming the challenges presented by the digital age and using its benefits to create a new business model that positions their companies for immediate success and future growth.
Mike Shatzkin, Conference Chair, and founder & CEO of The Idea Logical Company has been a leading industry spokesman and commentator on digital change for 20 years. And for more than 30 years, he has been a consultant to most major publishers, vendors and trading partners particularly in the area of new technology. Mike has created our program based on his decades of experience across the industry and with direct input of our esteemed Advisory Board.
Essential discussion topics include:
- The emerging and complex e-book marketplace
How to create greater revenues right now through multimedia channels
- Strategies to help staff members adapt to, and thrive in, a technology-powered marketplace
- New communications channels and how social media increases product promotion opportunities
The publishing universe is evolving and expanding. Publishers and their partners must work together to understand the digital content delivery systems available today—and those expected tomorrow—to ensure that product sales grow in the challenging days ahead.
Attendees will walk away from these sessions with a clearer understanding of publishing in the 21st century. Most importantly, they’ll return to the office with actionable plans for new practices that can be implemented immediately—everything from digitization to marketing models and monetization.
Conference attendees represent multiple disciplines within the industry, including senior management, strategists, editors, marketers, sales reps, IT and vendor and trading partners. Digital Book World is also the first digital forum to include programming aimed squarely at agents.
Registration will open soon, and to receive the latest program and registration details, enter your email address in the Stay Connected box in the right column on the homepage to be the first to see these essential announcements.