- 2017 Living Now Book Awards Results
- 2017 Living Now Evergreen Results
- Writing Outside the Block
- Lessons Crisis Taught Me, Revisited During Publication
- The Fruits of Research
- 8 Pro Tips for Your Best Book Signing Event
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: Fifty Cents and a Box Top
- Indie Groundbreaking Publisher: Visible Ink Press
- Coming This Month: Notable September Releases
- From the Tech Desk
The 20 Most Popular Books Throughout History
The below infographic first appeared on Global English Editing.
Although the term “blockbuster book” has only been coined recently, certain books have captured the public’s imagination well before Fifty Shades of Grey.
Going back as far as the 10th Century BC, when I Ching was nothing more than thoughts scribed onto bamboo, we’ve been captivated by brilliant writing and story telling.
Below Global English Editing presents the 20 most popular books throughout history.
From religious texts such as The Holy Bible to revolutionary texts such On the Origin of Species to the pure literary genius found in War and Peace, the following timeline not only highlights the history of blockbuster books, but also some of the most significant dates in human history.