- 2018 IPPY Awards Medalist Results
- 2018 IPPY Awards Ceremony
- The Self-Publishing Checklist
- 5 Wise Star Wars Mantras to Spark Your Writing Practice
- The 2018 Publishing Industry Leader
- Ten Reasons Why We Should Embrace the Novella
- The Six Books That Sharpened My BS Detector
- Infographic: 7 Ways Reading Makes You Healthier
- Indie Groundbreaking Book - The Dreamachine
- Indie Groundbreaking Publisher: Microcosm Publishing of Portland
- From the Tech Desk
BookWorld Services and Christian Distribution Services Expand
Distribution clients and sales staff are growing rapidly.Two major book distributors are appearing at BEA this year with a book-full of exciting news. They are BookWorld Services, Inc. and its subsidiary, Christian Distribution Services, Inc., of Sarasota FL. Here are their major developments:
Houghton Mifflin, the mammoth Boston publisher, has selected Christian Distribution to market its books to the Christian marketplace.
Shadow Mountain, an imprint of Deseret Book Company, has appointed BookWorld to represent it both to secular and Christian booksellers.
BookWorld has created a program called "Tailored Sales" offering pure sales representation for publishers - often as a way for publishers to cover marketplaces they aren't reaching with their own organizations. Initial clients include Loyal Publishing, Hampton Roads, Hunter Publishing, and Brookfield Reader.
The companies announced also that they have appointed a new vice president-sales, Anisa Evans, once of Ingram Book Company and lately as Eastern Sales Manager for BookWorld and CDS. She is transferring from Virginia to Sarasota.
The companies also revealed that their sales organizations now total 48 people - a 400% increase over a year ago. These include BookWorld and CDS staff sales managers, plus leading sales representative firms throughout the U.S. and Canada.
BookWorld and CDS are headquartered at 1933 Whitfield Park Loop, Sarasota FL 34243, with their Distribution Center near Nashville. Telephones are 800/444-2524. Fax, 800/777-2525. Email, Central@BookWorld.Com