Fictionwise Announces 2001 eBook Awards Results
Awards are based on unit sales and member ratings over the past yeareBook 2001 Author of the Year
Popular science fiction author Mike Resnick is Fictionwise's 2001 eBook Author of the Year. Mr. Resnick was the best selling author in 2001 and his works maintained an extremely high average rating from Fictionwise members. Larry Niven was a close second in the final tally and Robert Silverberg placed third.
"Mike Resnick has been a very important part of Fictionwise since we began in June of 2000," said Scott Pendergrast, co-publisher. "From the very start, he put his faith in us, which brought thousands of his fans to Fictionwise, as well as other important authors who followed his lead."
Mike Resnick said: "I've won Hugos and Nebulas and a lot of other awards, but I've never been voted anything like Author of the Year before. Given that these were all reprints, I feel like my career has just been officially validated, and I'm very grateful to Fictionwise and all its many readers."
EBook of the Year
Isaac Asimov's "Robot Dreams" is Fictionwise's 2001 eBook of the Year, which is based on total unit sales multiplied by average rating. The work achieved a rating of 3.28 out of a possible 4 points. "Beggars in Spain" by Nancy Kress was the eBook of the Year in 2000, and placed second in 2001.
2001 Best Selling eBooks
"Robot Dreams" by Isaac Asimov topped the list of Fictionwise's Best Selling eBooks of 2001. Larry Niven had the most eBooks on the Best Seller list, nine in total, including "The Fourth Profession," which was the second best selling eBook in 2001. Mike Resnick had five best sellers and Isaac Asimov had three.
The Top 25:
1. Robot Dreams by Isaac Asimov
2. The Fourth Profession by Larry Niven
3. Beggars in Spain by Nancy Kress
4. Wrong Way Street by Larry Niven
5. Potential by Isaac Asimov
6. Not Long Before the End by Larry Niven
7. Neutron Star by Larry Niven
8. Sandkings by George R. R. Martin
9. The Hole Man by Larry Niven
10. Procrustes by Larry Niven
11. Seven Views of Olduvai Gorge by Mike Resnick
12. Inconstant Moon by Larry Niven
13. Soothsayer by Mike Resnick
14. ARM by Larry Niven
15. "Repent, Harlequin!" Said the Ticktockman by Harlan Ellison
16. Cleon the Emperor by Isaac Asimov
17. At the Core by Larry Niven
18. Prophet by Mike Resnick
19. Oracle by Mike Resnick
20. Think Like a Dinosaur by James Patrick Kelly
21. Second Contact by Mike Resnick
22. The Aliens Who Knew, I Mean, Everything by George Alec Effinger
23. The Fourth Branch by Kage Baker
24. Facts Relating to the Arrest of Dr. Kalugin by Kage Baker
25. I have No Mouth, And I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison