- 2017 Moonbeam Children's Book Awards Results
- Have a Holly Jolly Editing Season
- Mysteries Featuring Strong Women Protagonists
- My Top 10 Mermaid Books
- The Ultimate Grammar Cheat Sheet
- Book Lover's Shopping Guide
- IPPY Holidays
- Indie Groundbreaking Bookseller: Bookselling without Borders
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: Ask
- From the Tech Desk
A Book WILL Be Judged by Its Cover -- and Contents
LIBRIS Business Insurance Services for Independent Booksellers and Book PublishersThe old adage "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" certainly applies when you are planning a publishing project. Whether you are publishing your first or 50th book, you may be exposing yourself to an allegation such as invasion of privacy, libel, slander, misinformation, copyright infringement, bodily injury, or defamation of character. Even when you take precautions, the possibility of a lawsuit still exists and can be very costly to your publishing enterprise. Now, ABA's insurance subsidiary, LIBRIS, offers an insurance program to cover you. Publishers Errors and Omissions (EO) insurance, also known as Publishers or Media Liability insurance, is a practical way to protect yourself and your business.
The following are some examples of actions that have been brought against publishers. Compare these summaries to your own work and evaluate what steps you have taken to protect your assets.
* Copyright Infringement and Plagiarism
* Error or Omission/Misinformation
* False Light
* Misappropriation of Name/Likeness
* Public Disclosure of Private Facts
See the entire article in Bookselling This Week.
LIBRIS is an insurance company formed and owned by ABA. Its goal is to ensure ABA members the broadest insurance coverage at the most competitive cost. Learn more about how LIBRIS Publisher Liability might meet your needs. Visit www.LIBRIS.org or contact Patrick Haller, Publishers Insurance Program Manager, at 866-LIBRIS1 (542-7471) or e-mail email@example.com.