- 2017 Moonbeam Children's Book Awards Results
- Have a Holly Jolly Editing Season
- Mysteries Featuring Strong Women Protagonists
- My Top 10 Mermaid Books
- The Ultimate Grammar Cheat Sheet
- Book Lover's Shopping Guide
- IPPY Holidays
- Indie Groundbreaking Bookseller: Bookselling without Borders
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: Ask
- From the Tech Desk
ALA Announces 2003 Newbery, Caldecott Medal WinnersWinners of this year's John Newbery and Randolph Caldecott medals, Avi and Eric Rohmann, respectively, were announced today at the 2003 American Library Association Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia.
Avi was awarded the Newbery Medal for Crispin: The Cross of Lead (Hyperion Books for Children), a coming-of-age story set in the 14th century. The Caldecott Medal for Illustration was awarded to author/illustrator Eric Rohmann for My Friend Rabbit (Roaring Brook Press/The Millbrook Press), a celebration of friendship featuring hand-colored relief prints.
Nikki Grimes, author of Bronx Masquerade (Dial Books for Young Readers) and E.B. Lewis, illustrator and author of Talkin' About Bessie: The Story of Aviator Elizabeth Coleman (Orchard Books/Scholastic) won this year's Coretta Scott King Awards honoring African-American authors and illustrators of outstanding books for children and young adults.
Visit the ALA Caldecott site
Visit the ALA Newberry site