ABA Announces Exclusive Bookseller Hotel for BEA 2004Building on the success of the Hotel California, which was the exclusive host hotel for ABA bookseller members at this year's BookExpo America (BEA) in Los Angeles, ABA has announced plans for a Hotel ABA/Chicago at BEA 2004. Beginning on May 25 and extending to June 7, 2004, the Allerton Crowne Plaza and the next-door Raddison Hotel located on Chicago's Magnificent Mile, will provide ABA booksellers attending BEA at the McCormick Place Convention Center from June 2 - 6 with a bookseller-friendly environment including many opportunities for networking and a package of exclusive benefits at a great nightly room rate.
As of December 1st, all the double rooms at the Radisson Hotel have been sold-out, but ABA was able to secure a small number of additional single rooms in the Allerton. Importantly, booksellers who were told via phone or Web site last week that rooms at the Allerton were sold-out should try again as soon as possible. It is important to note that once these few additional rooms at the Allerton are gone the Hotel ABA will be totally sold-out.
The exclusive Hotel ABA/Chicago package for ABA members includes:
* complimentary coffee and pastries each morning
* a series of publisher-sponsored receptions each evening
* an exclusive ABA member hospitality suite, providing a convenient meeting place for booksellers
* a special ABA/BEA concierge table in the hotel lobby, where booksellers can pick up BEA badge-holders, copies of the BEA exhibitors' guide, updated information about convention events, and a welcome package with special surprises from ABA and publishers
* special dedicated shuttle bus service between the Allerton and the Convention Center
* ARCs on your pillow each night; and a wide range of amenities, from two full-scale restaurants to in-room Internet access.
"The Hotel California at this year's BEA was such a huge hit with booksellers and with the publishers who sponsored receptions and provided ARCs for the pillow drops, we just knew we had to recreate the same atmosphere at next year's convention in Chicago," said ABA COO Oren Teicher. "We've worked with the staff at BEA to find a great deal for booksellers at a special hotel in a good location. ABA booksellers can look forward to many of the same amenities provided at the hotel in L.A., plus even more."
The Allerton Crowne Plaza, an independently owned franchise hotel, is located on Michigan Avenue only 10 minutes from the McCormick Place Convention Center. Designated an historic landmark hotel by the city of Chicago, the hotel's recent $60 million renovation has resulted in a stunning recreation of a fine Michigan Avenue residence. Close to the city's major attractions, the hotel is ideally situated 12 miles from O'Hare Airport and nine miles from Chicago Midway Airport.