- 2015 IPPY National Results
- 2015 IPPY Regional and Ebook Results
- 2015 Outstanding Books of the Year
- The Picture Book
- The 2015 IPPY Awards Ceremony
- The 2015 Yale Publishing Course
- Indie Groundbreaking Bookseller: Tubby & Coo's Mid-City Book Shop
- Indie Groundbreaking Publisher: Screamin' Skull Press
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: The Shining: Studies in the Horror Film
- From the Tech Desk
Submit a Highlighted Title
Independent Publisher is a trade journal for the independent publishing community, specializing in marketing and promotion for independent authors and publishers with content updated on a monthly basis. IP includes features, how-to articles, industry news, columns by industry experts, and a monthly email newsletter. Subscription is FREE, and the site is free of pop-ups.
Independent Publisher publishes new title listings of books released by self-publishers, independent, and university presses in order to bring increased recognition to the thousands of great — and often overlooked — independently published titles released each year. We sponsor the annual Independent Publisher Book Awards (aka The IPPYs) for the same reason.
Books will be accepted and evaluated in the following categories:
- Aging/Death & Dying
- Children's Interactive
- Children's Picture Books
- Classical Studies
- Coffee Table Books
- Current Events (Political/Social)
- Environment/Ecology/Nature Fiction
- Fine Art
- Graphic Novel/Drawn Book
- How-To (Crafts/Hobby)
- New Age
- Parenting (Child Care/Family)
- Performing Arts
- Popular Culture/Leisure
- Psychology/Mental Health
- Self Help
- Travel Guidebook
- Women's Issues
INDEPENDENT PUBLISHER ONLINE submission requirements:
- Submit one copy of a bound galley, finished book, e-book, or audiobook.
- Send books prior to publication date, if possible, and within 90 days past the pub date at the latest.
- Submitted books must include a cover sheet with the following information: Title; Author; Publisher; Address; Phone; Website; Page Count; Cover Style; Price; ISBN #; Publication Month & Year.
- Follow Up: Please send a follow-up email to Jim Barnes at email@example.com to confirm receipt of your title. Include a cover scan (72 dpi; 2” wide) and book synopsis (150-250 words) to make it easier to complete your listing.
- INDEPENDENT PUBLISHER ONLINE does not accept unbound galleys, periodicals, audio or videos.
- All books become the property of INDEPENDENT PUBLISHER ONLINE and are eventually donated to non-profit organizations.
- INDEPENDENT PUBLISHER ONLINE accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen submissions. We will make every attempt to notify you via email to confirm a book’s arrival, and whether or not the book has been selected as a Highlighted Title.
Thanks for your interest and best of luck.
INDEPENDENT PUBLISHER ONLINE
Highlighted Title Listings
1129 Woodmere Ave.
Traverse City, MI 49686