- 2017 IPPY National Results
- 2017 IPPY Regional & Ebook Results
- 2017 IPPY Outstanding Results
- The Power of Poetry
- Ten Places that Inspire Me to Write
- The Race
- Indie YA Books You Should Check Out
- The 20 Most Popular Books Throughout History
- What Does It Mean to Be a Professional Writing Major?
- Indie Groundbreaking Bookseller: BookPeople of Moscow
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: Odyssey Works
- Coming This Month: Notable May Releases
- From the Tech Desk
Book Review : Memoir/Self-Help
Little Madhouse on the Prairie: A True-Life Story of Overcoming Abuse and Healing the Spirit
Little Marion had an older brother and younger sister but she was the preferred target of her mother's wrath. The beatings, punishments and neglect were all but ignored by her family, leading her to believe she must certainly have earned her mother's fury in some unfathomable way. Only after making friends with a schoolmate who invited her into her own warm and supportive home does young Marion begin to sense that a different and better way of life existed outside the Witte family farm. Marion realizes that academic success is her ticket to freedom, so she works hard to put herself through college in three years and score one career achievement after another.
But not even career triumphs, a wonderful husband and a beloved child are enough to quell the internal demons that prevent her from living an authentic life. To heal herself, she embarks on a solo journey to discover her true identity.
Angel Heart Publishing, Ventura, CA; www.angelheartpublishing.com; 226 page paperback; $19.95 (September 2010) ISBN-10: 0982225423